Monday 28 March 2011

Design Concepts...


So, here we are -- I've finally got my design concepts I promised you oh so long ago...

Now I thought about the context of the site, and I decided I want to somehow accentuate the beauty that lies behind the natural environment (i.e the plant life that drapes down from the cliff face -- image below). I must say, I love nature, and I suppose I want to design something that can somewhat connect the user to the surrounding natural environment and help them to truly appreciate the site ( Hence -- Attracting the user -- and ACTIVATING the space--)

Below are a series of drawings and models I had done in the design TUT in week 3:

...Some quick model making in class - my process to developing an interesting form for my folie




... concept of weaving - coming up with interesting forms


concept of twisting - this model appears quite organic in its form and skeletal in appearance
 


...And some quick conceptual sketches...

Coming up with organic, curving forms...







No comments:

Post a Comment