Monday 18 April 2011

An illusion of growth

The concept that I've continued to develop througout this design process is the idea of "growth" - architecture thats somewhat parasitic in its form and essentially gives the "illusion" of growing from the ground. - (FORM)


Additionally, I've developed on the idea of the "individual journey" - architecture that takes the user of an interactive journey - (and in particular with a Science Center - the transitioning of one space to the next) - (FUNCTION)


EXPLORATION:


FORM
(A basic Idea of a form I want to develop) something that gives the appearance of growing from the ground - ie. Roots of a tree and modules act as leaves)



FUNCTION
(I want the user to transition from one module to the next, like climbing up a tree). Further I want to explore the concepts of transitioning indoor/outdoor - the journey from one experience to the next)

No comments:

Post a Comment